Tuesday, August 18, 2009

NYC please don't go Black again *crossing fingers*

Pedestrians clogged the Brooklyn Bridge as the power outage brought life to a standstill. Exactly 6 year and four day ago NYC had the Blackout it was a scary day. I was working as a receptionist In Midtown Manhattan. I had left work exactly one hour before things got hectic. I remember my mom telling me she had to walk like 15 miles to get home. She didn't reach home until 10 pm that night. A lot of people had no idea what was going on that evening. It started at 4pm Friday. The lights and power was not restored until 1pm the following day. Stores were locking there shit up in fair of looters.
This is what happened in 1977 In Brooklyn's Bedford-Stuyvesant looters acted swiftly as store alarms were silenced by the power cutoff.
In 2003 Things were bad aslo it was the hottest month of the summer a lot of businesses lost money due to products going bad. Wow it was crazy. Commuters sleep on the steps of the Post Office on 33rd Street and Eighth Avenue in New York during the early hours of Friday, after being stranded by the city's electrical blackout. A huge power failure swept through parts of the Northeast, Midwest and Canada on Thursday, shutting down trains, subways and airports from New York City to Detroit, forcing people into the streets. At the ferry terminal on west 38th St., thousands of people without access to the subways and trains flocked to catch ferries, creating another form of gridlock. Passengers on the downtown A train were stuck underground for two hours before being led out by MTA employees. The blackout incident just clicked in my mind because last night I was sitting in my living room and I heard this loud BOOM sound. I looked out the window and I saw some smoke coming from the ground, I thought a car back fired that always happens no biggie. Well that wasn't the case about 15 minutes later there was 3 firetrucks outside my window. I didn't go down stairs to find out what was going on but they did there expecting and about 1 hour after they left a whole crew of Con Edison trucks was down stairs. I knew it was something bad. I was just praying that our light or power would go out. Con Ed have been outside all day all night when I came home today they were still there. Today was one of the hottest days in Brooklyn N.Y I need my AC and I need my power I hope they can fix everything without knocking out our electricity. Shoot, besides I pay to much taxes on my Con Ed bill for them to be messing up you know what am saying. I just spoke to my neighbor down stairs and she told me they called here earlier today and told her to unplug her AC, turn off the TV, and keep her doors closed am like WTH. They also said they will call here and tell here when she can turn it all back on. They haven't called me yet and we live in the same building. My neighbor is a hotmess to, because they told her all that and she didn't turn off a thing she said I need my air shit, it hot LOL what a mess. Well I hope everything works out, out there dam Con ED. Put our tax dollars to work and get it together.

3 comments:

  1. DAMN!!!! thats a shame..and I can just imagine the hecticness in that city dang lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was craaaaazy...shit was happening all over the city...the most tragic the dude that fell of the roof of KFC trying to loot chicken ...SMH did i say tragic i meant funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate power outages. i would rather have one in the summer as opposed to the winter. this past winter my dog and i had to go 2 weeks without power and it was snow and ice everywhere. that was BAD TIMES!

    ReplyDelete

Bless Up!

Look at the nation,

Look at the nation,
that's a crooked smile braces couldn't even straighten!