Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Thank goodness for Google...

  I have been working on getting my mom a social Worker and I may need to request a referral to a mental health professional. Since we found out the hospital closed two years ago in which she had the surgery done in 2000 she has been falling apart on me. She is crying more often and, she is just not the same. Her weight has dropped at least 40lbs in the last 5 months. It's just getting to be to much on her.

On Monday I called 311 and I  was able to get a hold of the NYS Health Department Of medical records, they have all records to hospitals which have closed down and so forth, well that was good News but it wasn't all gravy because the told me by LAW there can only keep records for 7 years then they purge them afterwards smh. I was kind of aware of this but I was hoping they would have said different for the sake of mom.

I know one thing this county hospital is bugging out by saying that they can not treat her any further if she does not bring back this pathology report. I cant and I wont buy it, the other hospital that transferred her to Kings County was at least trying to give her treatment they were willing to start her from scratch, but because of her not having sufficient health insurance they could not go any further neither. smh effing health insurance. I see why everybody wants to move to Canada!

We may have to end up going back there now that here health insurance got right.

I decided to Google her doctors name. She just had the last name, but I was able to pull up a doctor that worked in that hospital that closed down, who now has a private practice around the corner from where the hospital use to be. I think this is the same Doctor because he specializes in the type of surgery that my mom  had back in 2000. So tomorrow I will contact these three number I have for him.
*crossing fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless Up!

Look at the nation,

Look at the nation,
that's a crooked smile braces couldn't even straighten!