Sunday, November 1, 2009

Everything falling into presecptive


Mom got her Home health aide. The aide started Friday and my mom will have her six hours a day, five days a week. Now my mom moved into Brooklyn so she could be closer to me and plus all her treatments are in Brooklyn. Everything is getting better. My mom gave me the low down on her knew helper as soon as I walked in her door Friday evening...I said sheesh ma what are you an investigator...lol, One thing for sure the home health aide has an easy job. she has to do all the basics of a homeworker but my mom don't require much because she don't want no one to bath her or cook for her. I don't blame her,my mom is sick but you cant tell her that...lol.  The head nurse also came by on Friday to review my mothers case and if all goes well my mom will get her wheel chair so she can get back and forth to her appointments easier and a chair for bath times.

Due to her lung disease it is very difficult for her to move around without getting shortness of breath,  and that is why she is taken O2. She also have her Access-a-ride, Which is a pain in the butt already she has had her first Chemotherapy treatment on Wednesday the drop off trip was on point, but the pick up was a mess she had to take a cab home. So we came to the conclusion that we will just use them for drop off services ONLY. They are really strict we have to schedule an appointment too days before the appointment and we have to know the exact pick up and drop off time because Access-a-ride don't do same day scheduling, Geezzz. So since most of her appointments are doctor appointment we don't know what time she will be done at the doctors. We will just use it to our benefit and call it a day.

Last but not least she got her insurance cleared on 10/21, and I was able to get her to keep her community medicaid, because Medicaid choice had contacted her trying to force her to take an HMO, but with a HMO they limit her services. Plus two different people That I spoke to,  including a social worker at the hospital told me with her illness she is entitle to straight Medicaid and that I should ignore the HMO issue. When I called up Medicaid after tryin to get in contact with them for four days and I was able to speak to someone, and she told me that my mom IS ELIGIBLE for the straight community medicaid. So all is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless Up!

Look at the nation,

Look at the nation,
that's a crooked smile braces couldn't even straighten!